CTC & Associates LLC is currently seeking an experienced freelance researcher/writer to conduct literature searches, surveys and interviews, and synthesize results in clear, detailed and readable white papers for customers at public-sector transportation agencies. Based in Madison, Wisconsin, CTC & Associates provides “technical communications for transportation professionals” throughout the country.
About the Opportunity:
This is a part-time freelance engagement that will provide 10+ hours of ongoing work assignments per week for the right candidate. You can work from anywhere, anytime of the day or night, and will have the opportunity to research, learn and write about a wide range of technologies. Very competitive hourly pay rate. A high degree of professional research, writing and communication skill is required, along with a drive to excel. Deadlines are critical. Must be able to adjust to required research and writing approaches and to work in a team environment with co-writers and editors. See this page on the company website for examples of white papers/synthesis reports: https://ctcandassociates.com/portfolio-tag/synthesis-reports/.
- Bachelor’s in English, journalism, mass communication, communication arts, science communication or similar major. Master’s in Library Science a plus.
- Familiarity and comfort with math, science and technology terminology, such as in materials engineering, computer science, environmental science, geographic information systems, etc. Knowledge of civil engineering and transportation technologies a plus.
- Demonstrated research and writing capabilities. Writing samples required.
- Excellent online research skills, experience using and citing references from specialized library databases and general search engines.
- Ability to evaluate quality and pertinence of online sources, and to organize and explain citations and other information in clear, direct English.
- Experience and comfort with phone interviews. Ability to engage subject matter experts in discussion of technical issues and significance of research findings.
- Experience in constructing surveys, analyzing survey results, presenting findings in narrative and tabular formats.
- Proficient in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SurveyMonkey or comparable online tools a plus.
- Detail-oriented, committed to absolute accuracy, accustomed to proofing and re-proofing.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Submit cover letter, resume and writing samples (or links to online samples) to Patrick Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15, 2018.