Posted: March 3, 2021, open until filled
CTC & Associates is looking for an experienced information professional who is ready for a challenging, fast-paced position in the consulting world. Candidates must have at least five years of professional experience searching published literature, organizing and analyzing technical information, and writing clear, readable reports.
We are a 16-person all-virtual company that provides services to transportation agencies across the country. We offer flexible hours working from a home office, interesting and varied assignments, and very competitive compensation for the candidate who can quickly learn to deliver high-quality work.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, upbeat person with a strong curiosity about new technologies and a journalist’s drive to organize information and communicate it clearly. Applicants must have the demonstrated ability to identify and analyze pertinent technical literature online, interview engineers and other experts, and write clearly and accurately for practitioners, managers and general audiences. Candidates must be comfortable researching and writing on deadline and within budget, able to structure time around several projects at once and capable of working productively from their home office. This is a part-time position (approximately 15 hours per week) with rapid transition to full time for the successful candidate.
- Research, organize and annotate citations on published papers, reports, specifications and other online sources
- Address a range of topics, from highway and bridge construction to autonomous vehicles and high-speed trains to transportation’s interconnection with climate change and poverty
- Design and conduct surveys, tabulate and summarize responses, conduct and document phone interviews
- Write detailed synthesis reports of findings from literature searches, surveys and phone interviews
- Present information accurately, clearly and succinctly in narrative form and in tables and charts
- See examples of synthesis reports produced by CTC & Associates
Required experience and skills
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (team member degree areas have included English, library science, journalism, linguistics, engineering, philosophy, math, law and physics); advanced degree preferred
- Professional experience researching and writing in technical fields (minimum of five years)
- Skilled at gathering and evaluating online research, conducting phone interviews and constructing surveys
- Skilled at writing long-form reports, executive summaries and abstracts
- Familiarity with transportation and civil engineering topics a plus
- High attention to accuracy, detail and quality in delivering draft and final products
- Ability to work smoothly and effectively in a multicustomer consulting environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently while closely adhering to company norms
- Skilled with current software programs, especially Microsoft and Adobe products; SurveyMonkey experience a plus
- Writing samples and references required
Compensation and benefits
- Very competitive starting pay with regular increases for the successful candidate
- Paid time off earned on accrual basis
- Flexible schedule working from employee’s home office
Equal employment opportunity
CTC & Associates LLC provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other protected status. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Submit resume and several writing samples (or links to online documents) that demonstrate superior research and writing skills, along with a cover letter to email@example.com explaining:
- Why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Your level of interest in a part-time position and in moving into a full-time position.